You may have already figured out that I am not much of a baker as I only have one baked goods recipe on my site. It's not that I don't like baking but rather it doesn't bring me the same joy that cooking does. If you have ever attempted AIP baking then you know how challenging it is. Luckily there are some AIP baking heros in the community who have created amazing and accessible recipes using AIP-friendly ingredients. Um hello, this carrot cake with coconut frosting sounds (and looks) incredible. Without a true passion for baking and a very non-existent sweet tooth, I rarely indulge in sweet treats. But every once in a while I crave a little somethin' somethin'. It's the kind of craving that I want to fix in five minutes not forty, so I usually turn to a small bowl of frozen or fresh fruit and some kind of healthy fat. I spontaneously created this yummy treat the other day when I had the night to myself. It was so good that I had to share with you all. This little bowl satisfied my sweet craving while I basked in relaxation during the early evening hours reading my favorite magazine—Kinfolk. It was bliss...
Quick Chocolate Dessert
- 1-2-3/4 cup defrosted frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream from full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 tsp carob
- optional: 1 tablespoon shredded coconut or 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Remove 1 cup of frozen blueberries from the refrigerator and allow to defrost for one hour. Place 1 can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator.
- Place defrosted blueberries in a bowl. Using a mini sifter, sift 1/4 tsp carob powder over blueberries. Open the can of coconut milk—there will be a thick layer of cream sitting at the top of the can. Remove cream from can and add to a bowl. Lightly whisk coconut cream until its becomes a bit lighter. Scoop desired amount, or approximately three tablespoons over the blueberries. Drizzle one tablespoon honey over the fruit and a sprinkling of cacao nibs and/or shredded coconut.