The philosophy in my kitchen is to keep things simple and easy. Sometimes, when crafting a recipe for a blog, I get carried away and make recipes more complex then they need to be. You can expect a ton of simple and easy recipes moving forward. Because the truth is the freshest ingredients don't need a lot to highlight their authentic flavors. And in my real life, I eat really simply. A little olive oil, lemon, salt and vinegar goes far when your working with gorgeous fresh vegetables, wild caught seafood and everything in between. The late evening and warm weather inspired this salad. I enjoyed it while sitting on my front porch, with the sun radiating golden light, as I watched bikers commuting home from work, and listened to my cute neighbors giggling in the front yard. Summer—ya know?
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 small head butter lettuce
- 2-3 pieces smoked salmon
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspons chives, thinly sliced for garnish
- salt and pepper to garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of salt
- Start by making the dressing. Combine all ingredients and shake or stir to combine.
- Combine dressing with butter lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Use as much dressing as you see fit. Plate lettuce and then top with smoked salmon, sliced avocado and garnish with chives, salt and pepper.