For the last however many months I've been off coffee (going on 15...) I have been widely envious of those who get to drink dreamy-creamy bulletproof coffee on the daily. If you are reading this and are thinking "um....bulletproof coffee? what IS that?" you can read about it here. Yesterday, before heading to my morning yoga class at my favorite studio, Core Power Yoga, I decided to blend some bone broth with Tin Star Ghee's Beurre Noisette plus powdered turmeric, ginger and Himalayan sea salt. The result was...pure perfection. Magical. Divine. All those words twisted into one. It was creamy, salty and medicinal fuel that powered me through my yoga class and well into the afternoon. I was rejoicing all day over the fact that I was able to indulge in a bulletproof beverage of my own. And just as a small note, this is absolutely an AIP Reintroduction recipe, which I celebrate. The Autoimmune Protocol Diet is a therapeutic elimination diet that serves the purpose of helping individuals discover what their food intolerance may be. You are not meant to follow AIP forever. After one year of following the Autoimmune Protocol Diet, I have evolved my diet to be very specific to my own needs. I no longer follow the strictest phase of AIP but have catered the guidelines of the diet to support my health and lifestyle. I have celebrated the reintroduction process and have re-incorporated pepper, occasional nightshades, occasional seed-based spices, ghee, white rice, occasional egg yolk, pine nuts, and even the occasional hard cider. If you are currently following the strictest phase of the AIP, you could try replacing coconut oil for the ghee and leaving out the black pepper.
- 14 ounces bone broth—approx. the amount that will fit in a 16 ounce mason jar with an inch of room left at the top
- 1 tablespoon [url href="http://www.primalfoodpantry.com/collections/ghee/products/tin-star-foods-beurre-noissette-brown-butter" target="_blank"]Tin Star Ghee[/url]
- 1/2 teaspoon [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PR93EU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007PR93EU&linkCode=as2&tag=itsmecha0a-20&linkId=GOCOSSNRALPAC75D" target="_blank"]Himalayan sea salt[/url]
- 1/4 teaspoon [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGDIV5Y/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00DGDIV5Y&linkCode=as2&tag=itsmecha0a-20&linkId=2PIHMEYXQJRW5DJZ" target="_blank"]powdered turmeric[/url]
- 1/4 teaspoon [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WS3AMU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000WS3AMU&linkCode=as2&tag=itsmecha0a-20&linkId=5RZRLTCQPFL5YGC5" target="_blank"]powdered ginger[/url]
- 1/8 teaspoon [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095FWPZE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0095FWPZE&linkCode=as2&tag=itsmecha0a-20&linkId=6VMRZH7JUWY5A7UH" target="_blank"]ground pepper[/url]
- Bring bone broth to a boil and the turn to low. Add in all additional ingredients and allow 1-2 minutes for ghee to melt. Use an [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARQVM5O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00ARQVM5O&linkCode=as2&tag=itsmecha0a-20&linkId=U5YACXU4DQHWZ7DX" target="_blank"]immersion blender[/url] to blend ingredients until foamy. Pour into mason jar or mug and enjoy as you would a cup of coffee or a latte. Enjoy!